Ultimate guide to the best vitamin supplements
Choose only the best vitamin supplements so that your body benefits from it. In U.S., vitamin supplements are regulated by the FDA (Food and Drug administration) as foods. The safety of the supplements and the accuracy of the labels are not guarantee. The manufacturers are fully responsible of the potency, efficacy and safety of the ingredients used. However, many vitamin supplements have been found to be contaminated with metals, unlabeled prescription drugs, microorganisms, or other substances.
To choose the best vitamin supplements:
1. Each ingredient in the vitamin supplements must be supported by COA (Certificate of Analysis), which guarantees the potency and safety.
2. The label of the vitamin supplements should contain following information: descriptive name of the product (e.g. Ginseng), net quantity contents (e.g. 100 tablets), net contents of the product, complete list of ingredients and amounts, disclaimer (“this statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease”), name and address of the business of the manufacturer, expiration date. Note that the disclaimer mentioned above is required by law (DSHEA).
3. The best vitamin supplements must have good bioavailability. Much of the active ingredients of supplements are destroyed by the acid of the stomach. Choose the quality products that have effective delivery system that is not affected by this process. This is to ensure that all active nutrients enter the blood stream and reach the organs. Look for those that have “food glaze”, “ethyl cellulose” or “enteric coating” mentioned on the label.
4. Purchase vitamin supplements from merchants who offers refund for unsatisfactory products.
5.Supplement manufacturers must meet the requirements of the FDA's Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) for foods. GMPs describe conditions under which products must be prepared, packed, and stored. Food GMPs do not always cover all issues of supplement quality. If the manufactures follow the pharmaceutical GMPs (which is stricter), it is even better!
6. Select vitamin supplements that contain right proportion of vitamins and minerals. Many nutrients work together to improve their individual effectiveness. For example, vitamin D is essential in absorption of calcium.
7. The best vitamin supplements are the one without iron. Most people consume enough iron in their daily diet.
Our pick on Best vitamin supplements
Our extensive research shows that the best vitamin supplement is Total Balance from Xtend-life. It contain high potency of multivitamins, minerals, enzymes, antioxidant complex and standardized herbs. It is specially formulated to promote general health and wellness.
All ingredients used in Total Balance are supported by COA (Certificate of Analysis), which guarantees potency and efficacy. It is also manufactured under strict GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) compliance. It used the "enteric coating" delivery system that ensure your body benefits from the essential nutrients. In fact, it is the only product that meet all above mentioned requirements!
We at Health-Supplements101 personally take Total Balance and recommend it wholeheartedly. We’ve experienced health benefits including increase in immunity and energy, and improve sense of well being.